Monday, July 21, 2008

First Words

My initial rationale in creating a pond blog was to have a place where I could chronicle all the photos and steps in making an earthen pond on our new property. I quickly realized though that the creation of the pond was only the beginning of the adventure. I would likewise want to record what kind of wildlife appeared on its own, and make observations on the life-cycles and seasons of the pond.

First things first though: I am no "eco-freak." Though I love nature and believe that humans must exercise a stewardship of the natural order, I have no stomach for those who worship creation, or who otherwise place a higher value on animals than on one's neighbor. But I am sure I will discuss some of these issues from time to time as the life of the pond unfolds in this blog.

No comments: